Thursday, October 15, 2009

flu, colds and strep throat

Mmmmm like that title? That has pretty much been my life for the past almost 3 weeks. It started out with the flu, which turned into a cold. Then saturday afternoon i started getting a sore throat. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and found out i have strep throat which was a bummer, but i'm glad i at least know what i have. I'm on some meds and my throat is starting to feel a bit better. It has been hard being sick for so long as i'm usually a very positive person and i feel like i've been a downer lately to everyone i talk to. But i guess that is part of life...it just seems like there have been so many things over the past few weeks (which i will not blog about)that sometimes could make me want to just roll over and stay in bed all day. But i know that God is still good even on the difficult days and i have to stand on that. I keep being remined of the Casting Crowns song:

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I know this is not the first time i've gone through something difficult and it won't be the last. God will not give me more than i can handle. So for anyone else who is stuggling right now...i'm with you...and my hope & prayer is for a sunny day soon...

4 comments:

Erin said...

Praying for things to start looking up for you! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Darlin. Wish you were in Ilderton and I could surprise you with a little 'Guessue!' and a bowl of noodle soup. Go stick a comforter in the dryer for 10 minutes, then throw yourself upon the couch (wrapped in said comforter)and put on a good chick flick. (and put in a little phone call to Shiloh to bring ya home a whopper ... or whatever delicious burger they have there in them parts.) There's a study on the healing power of greasy beef and melted cheese for Strep throat. proven. (I tell myself that a little too often...about all sorts of ailments..) Really though, I'll be praying for you my girl!! before you know it you'll be kickin' up yer heels in glee again soon:) Love you!
Leanne.

Bob Tompkins said...

Hi Sweetheart, look up:
Psalm 55:22
John 16:33
Philippians 4:6,7

These should be an encouragement to you ... they are on my quick look list!!!
Love, Dad

Janalynn said...

Thanks for all your encouragement..great verses dad, Thanks!!

zeke video