Thursday, October 10, 2013

Apple Picking

Hey All!! I know it has been a few months since I posted. I think I'm all settled into this "stay-at-home-Mommy" thing and i'm having a lot of fun with my little wee one who is 9 months old already! Here he is today, proud of his 2 little chompers!

We went apple picking last Friday at a friend from church who graciously allowed us to come pick her leftover apples. Ezekiel had a blast using the apple picker - here are a few picks of the boys picking apples:

Ready to pick apples!

Ready to watch!


Glad I have tall men in my life

Yummy!

He looks unsure, but was having a great time!

loves the grass

"Hmmm...now what's in here?"

"I think I can...just about..."

Happy picker

 
It was fun night and we enjoyed our visit with the "Smiths" as well! Many thanks for allowing us to come out!
 
So afterwards we had a lots of apples, and here are a few things we did with them:
 


Dried apples
 

Apple sauce (2 batches)

Froze the rest for apple crisp!
 
Here is the wee one enjoying his homemade apple sauce this morning!
 
This coming Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving and we are going to celebrate it here in Nebraska with Shiloh's family with a little Canadian "poutine" night instead. Looking forward to it!
 
What are you doing to enjoy the fall?

1 comment:

Janet said...

So glad you enjoyed your evening of apple picking. We enjoyed having you come to our place. Plan to do it again next year.

zeke video